WELCOME!

Welcome to my Custom Fountain Pen website/blog. I put this site together a while ago so that I could let some of my fellow pen enthusiasts and penmakers, as well as my customers, see what I have been up to lately in the workshop. I don't publish all of my pens here, but good percentage of them.

A Little About My Pens: I love doing fine work on the lathe, which is what got me into this work. That is, I enjoy the focus on the details of a project - the material and colour selection, the form, the fit and finish of the pen. I also test all of the my nibs before shipping. I fill the converter, run ink through the nib and feed, and write with it. I spend a significant amount of time smoothing and adjusting the nib of every pen that I sell. My goal, with each pen that I make, is to create a writing piece whose fit and finish will impress you when you first pull it out of the packing, and that will serve you well as a great writer when you fill it up with your favourite ink.

Have a look at my posts to see some of the work I am doing lately, or see my pricing guide in the link below to the right, or check the link to my current inventory of already-made pens (usually small, as most of my work is by commissions/orders).

Or, if you are interested, you can see some of the work I have done previously in my Custom Pen Gallery on Photobucket!

If you have a Twitter account, I am @drgoretex

If you are a Tumblr kind of person, look up 'drgoretex' - but give it time. Just breaking in to that one.

If any of my posts generate particular interest, I will pin them as links on the right (eg 'Basic Nib Adjusting 101').

* ORDERS: Please contact me at kencavers@gmail.com to place an order.

* PRICES: Please see the link on the right side of the screen 'Pricing Guide' for an idea as to the cost of a pen.

* REVIEWS:
Have a look at the bottom of this page for some reviews done by previous buyers!

* HOW LONG WILL MY ORDER TAKE?:

IMORTANT NOTICE: I only make pens in my spare time, when work and other aspects of life permit. This amounts to somewhere around one to four pens per month. This, combined with a brutal winter this past year, which shut down my workshop for about three months, has led to a ridiculously long wait list for pen orders. This wait time is now about a year and a half. After some careful consideration, I have decided to close my pen making to new orders until I finish most of the orders on this list. My apologies for the inconvenience.

-Ken Cavers








Monday, 8 October 2012

Green Swirl Bamboo and Pen Rest



While I have posted pics of a Green Swirl Bamboo before, I thought I would put this one up anyway.  The person who ordered this pen had seen pics of the previous one, and was drawn to the cool acrylic, but also wanted a matching pen rest for it, having seen the other pen rests that I recently did.










As I was making this pen rest, I thought I would try something a bit different - so I added some black trim to each end of it, and then inlaid some black and green swirl acrylic into the black trim.  I rather liked how it came out - I hope the new owner does as well!



Thanks for looking!

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment